MYA BAEZ SCHOLARSHIP FUND POLICIES/GUIDELINES
The money provided for scholarship assistance comes from very generous donors and it is our desire to steward these valuable resources well. Scholarships are available only to individuals and families who, due to unforeseen circumstances, have serious financial constraints which would prevent them from attending. Requests for assistance continue to increase and we prayerfully consider each application.
In an effort to provide assistance to as many people as possible, the scholarship committee would like to remind everyone of the following guidelines:
- Scholarships are intended to be awarded to an individual or family only. Based on previous scholarship history of applicants, any subsequent requests that substantiate hardship may be considered at a lesser amount based on fund availability. First-time scholarship recipients will be given preference.
- Applications must be fully completed to be considered.
- Partial scholarships may be available in varying amounts. At this time we do not offer 100% scholarships.
- Funds for the Mya Baez Scholarship are only available for ROAR Revival Camp and Winter Youth Conference, both hosted by NewSong Church.
- Scholarships are for individual registrations only and not for groups.
- Scholarship applications should be submitted in advance of November 15 for Winter Youth Conference and by April 30 for ROAR Revival Camp.
- Late applications will be reviewed only if funds are available and the scholarship review team has availability.
- If you have an outstanding balance on record from a previous event you may be withdrawn from eligibility, this is especially true in cases where multiple attempts have been attempted to resolve this matter with no response from the household or individual.
How To Apply
- Prayerfully consider the amount you can contribute to the cost.
- Register for the event of your choice by going to www.ournewsong.org/youth and pay the required deposit by November 15 for Winter Youth Conference and by April 30 for ROAR Revival Camp. The deposit is refundable if the scholarship is unavailable. You will know if scholarship is not available by December 1 (Winter Youth Conference) or May 15 (ROAR Revival Camp). The Scholarship Review Team WILL NOT review your application until your registration has been made.
- Complete the appropriate application in full (Mya Baez Scholarship Fund Application).
- Your application will be reviewed by the Scholarship Review Team. Please be assured that all information you provide will be kept in strict confidence.
- Once your application is reviewed by the Scholarship Review Team you will be notified. If for some reason the scholarship is denied or you no longer wish to attend, your deposit can be refunded. Please indicate on the form if you would like an immediate refund if this becomes the case.
- To the best of your ability, requests MUST arrive at NewSong Church by the referenced dates.
For answers and assistance, please email MyaBaezScholarship@ournewsong.org.