ROAR Revival Camp
Kitchen Crew Volunteer INFO AND SIGN UP
NorthBay, Rocky Point Gym, Sunday, August 12 at 4:00PM
MANDATORY REQUIRED ORIENTATION:
Sunday, August 12 at 4:15 PM (location TBA at check-in. Likely in Dining Hall)
- Work Crew is required to be the same people for the entire stay.
- Work Crew should be of high school age or older.
- To comply with health regulations...
- Please be sure to pack shirts with sleeves and closed-toe shoes.
- Hair must be restrained away from the face (tied back or wear a hat).
Your room accommodations will all be at The ROOST. You can't see the Roost on the map on NorthBay's website, however if you do look at it, The Roost is located off the road on the right of the map, towards the Upper Camp. (http://northbayadventure.org/about/property/northbay-map/)
Most of the crew will stay in the following cabin style rooms in The Roost:
- Males: Goshawk Room 114
- Females: Goshawk Room 115
- Nester and Angela Urbina: Kestral Room 203
WHAT TO BRING?
Please be sure to bring the following:
- Pillow Cases
- Clothes including those that meet the health regulations for the kitchen crew
- Light jacket in case of rain
- Personal medication/allergy/headache
PEOPLE ON THE CREW
I have designated a pair of work crew bosses for the week for your group. Work Crew Bosses will be the liaison between North Bay dining staff and the Work Crew. If you have a star next to your name you will be a work crew boss.
- Alexei Volosevich
- Angela Urbina
- Beruk Mehari
- Cheyenne Hewitt
- Derek Sanchez
- Dom Dixon*
- Frances Lopez
- Joe Poblete
- Julissa Sorto
- Krystle Santana
- Luis M. Gutierrez
- Nestor Urbina
- Nilson Rivas
- Robert Webb
- Robin Swenholt*
WHEN DO WE GET BACK?
The entire camp, including kitchen crew will depart at the same time—Thursday, August 16 at 1:00PM. We are using paper products at the last meal in order to expedite our leave time from the campsite.
WILL WE HAVE DOWN TIME OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO ONE OF THE SESSIONS DAILY?
The kitchen crew will be very busy during camp week. One of the reasons why are unable to double up volunteers with the kitchen is due to the schedule of the kitchen crew conflicting with the ROAR REVIVAL CAMP schedule. That said, there are a few opportunities during the day for downtime. I have been told that there may be an opportunity to catch part of the night session in the theater after dinner clean-up.
A few things to keep in mind:
While staying overnight for the retreat or event at North Bay:
- "You are to be back in your room by 12 am at the latest, as it is important to get your sleep as your role on site is very important.
- If the Horseshoe Point game room is in use by the ROAR Revival Camp group or another, you are asked to ensure the group has the chance to participate in the recreational games first.
- If the Rocky Point Gym is in use, please provide the opportunity for the guest group to utilize the Gyms equipment first.
- Adventure elements (i.e. zipline) are only to be used by campers."
WHO FROM ROAR REVIVAL CAMP STAFF CAN I SPEAK TO IF I HAVE QUESTIONS WHILE ON THE PROPERTY?
Adam Blakley, Grace Blakley, and Giacomo "James" Greco are all co-camp directors on site for the week of camp.
NEWSONG TRANSPORTATION ONLY:
If you are using charter bus transportation from NewSong Church, the bus will arrive at NewSong Church at 1:00PM on Sunday, August 12. It will promptly depart from the church at 1:45PM so that the two charters arrive at Northbay by 4:00PM. IF YOU ARE NOT TAKING NEWSONG PROVIDED TRANSPORTATION YOU NEED TO LET GRACE BELIZARIO KNOW BY TUESDAY, AUGUST 7 PLEASE. We do not want to hold up the charter buses if we do not need to.