copy of email communication from august 4, 2018...
HELLO ATTENDEES, LEADERS, AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
We are one week away from camp. All of the staff is praying diligently for each person in attendance this year.
Below you will find a very detailed e-mail. Please be sure to read this e-mail thoroughly. We have highlighted some important sections here in the beginning so that you know how important it will be to read these areas:
- CHECK IN: In prior years we’ve had groups come at various hours of the check-in day. We are asking everyone to please be prompt as every group is a mix of counselors, kitchen crew, and in various leadership roles. Two main orientations are in that window from 4–6PM. Please be sure to read through the details below.
- REQUIRED FORM AND PHOTOS: HEALTH HISTORY FORMS ARE EXPECTED TO BE FILLED OUT BY EVERY PERSON IN ATTENDANCE. That means whether you are a speaker, volunteer, attendee, or on worship team etc the form needs to be filled out. The form link is below.
- MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION AUTHORIZATION FORM: If you are your camper requires medication it is imperative that you read that section and form details. That particular form needs a doctors signature. Please turned filled out forms into your designated leader in attendance for ROAR REVIVAL CAMP
- NO SWIMMING IN THE BAY. SWIMMING IN POOL IS OK. Details below.
- LICE AND BED BUG CHECK PRIOR TO GETTING ON TRANSPORTATION TO CAMPSITE. Please be diligent about this.
- LEADERS SPECIFIC INFO AT BOTTOM OF EMAIL.
PLEASE JOIN US IN A WEEK OF CORPORATE PRAYER OVER THE CAMP.
Feel free to share this to your churches and communities.
Please refer to our FAQ page for many answers to questions you might have (such as packing lists, cell phone use, sickness, etc).
ONSITE HELP: Staff you can reach on the campground while your registrant is on-site:
- Adam Blakley, Grace Blakley, and Giacomo "James" Greco are all co-camp directors on site for the week of camp.
- Please refer to your email for their contact information.
GENERAL CAMP QUESTIONS: Please do not contact the on-site director for general questions. We have an off-site staff person you can speak to that is very knowledgeable about the camp. If you cannot reach the on-site camp directors you may also use this contact.
- Grace Belizario, Senior Camp Director, (Off-site Contact) AND Registrar (on-site Sunday only), Office: 703-698-9777.
ARRIVING AT NORTHBAY ADVENTURE:
All the info you need is on our FAQ page (www.ournewsong.org/roarrevivalcamp), however to reiterate all registrants are expected to check-in between 4–6PM on Sunday, August 12th at NorthBay’s Rocky Point Gym.
Kitchen Crew: Reminder, your orientation is at 4:15PM (Location TBA at check-in)
Counselors: Reminder, your orientation is at 5:00PM in the Theater
Dinner First Night:Dinner will start promptly at 6 for everyone.
Please contact Grace Belizario at ROARRevival@ournewsong.org with your expected arrival time. Please note that I-95 can severely impact travel as traffic is to be expected even on weekends. Each church is responsible for communicating with registrants about travel arrangements to NorthBay. NewSong attendees please refer to our FAQ page.
DEPARTING NORTHBAY ADVENTURE:
The entire camp, including kitchen crew will depart at the same time—Thursday, August 16 at 1:00PM. We are using paper products at the last meal in order to expedite our leave time from the campsite.
HOUSING FOR ATTENDEES:
Key Cards: 2 keys given to leaders
All youth-age attendees are staying in cabins with bunks
- MALE CABINS FOR ATTENDEES AND COUNSELORS: Muddy River, Bohemia, and Sassafrass (Located in Upper Wetlands). There will be 2 male leaders per cabin.
- FEMALE CABINS FOR ATTENDEES AND COUNSELORS: Breakwater, Maelstrom, Duneside (Located in Lower Wetlands). There will be 2 female leaders per cabin.
Young adult attendees are staying in cabin style rooms with bunks in The Roost.
- MALES: Goshawk Room 217 (second floor).
- FEMALES: Goshawk Room 120 (first floor).
- Leaders of the same gender will also be using corresponding cabin rooms.
REQUIRED OF ALL PEOPLE ON THE CAMPSITE TO TURN IN: (STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, ATTENDEES)
HEALTH HISTORY FORM: http://www.ournewsong.org/s/Health-Form-2017-2018.pdf
We apologize for just getting this to you now. The campsite made an error and did not give this to us until recently. Please print it out and give it to your designated leader that will be attending the camp. If you do not have this form you cannot be in attendance. NewSong: That person is Pastor Chris Pautrat. He will check your name off when it is received.
ADDITIONAL FORM REQUIREMENT IF YOU REQUIRE MEDICATION UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Please look at this form immediately as you may need a doctors signature ASAP. No medication is allowed in the cabin, except these self-carry medications: rescue inhalers (Albuterol, ProAir, Ventolin, Zopenex), Epi‐Pens and insulin used while in insulin pumps.
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION AUTHORIZATION FORM: http://www.ournewsong.org/s/Medication-Authorization-Form-2017-2018.pdf
The main NorthBay phone number is 443.967.0500 and the Wellness Center can be reached by pressing 2. The direct dial phone numbers to the Wellness Center are 443.674.9035 or 443.674.9036.
In the event you need to know where the nearest hospital is:
- The local hospital is Union Hospital which is approximately 15 miles east in Elkton, Maryland.
Directions to Union Hospital at 106 Bow Street, Elkton, MD 21921 from campsite.
- Exit camp and go left onto Turkey Point Rd/MD 272
- Turn right onto Pulaski Highway/US 40 East (5.8 miles) Turn left onto Landing Lane
- Turn right onto West High Street
- Turn right onto Singerly Ave
- The Emergency Department entrance is at the end of the block on the left
We recommend a head check of each registrant as they enter into the vehicles being used to travel to NorthBay Adventure. Read more on our FAQ page (www.ournewsong.org/roarrevivalcamp).
PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO UPLOAD A PARTICIPANT PROFILE PICTURE:
THIS IS A REQUIREMENT AND WAY PAST DUE. BINDERS THAT INCLUDE REGISTRANT PHOTOS ARE BEING PRINTED FRIDAY MORNING
The photo is a required supplemental request after registration completion (contained in your confirmation e-mail). Please do this immediately (https://campsself.active.com/NewSongChurch).
The photo should be a recent, clear, close-up, front facing photo, without sunglasses. The photo should be similar in style to a school photo. We will request for you to change your photo if it does not comply with the criteria. We use these photos for security purposes and in case of emergencies, such as search and rescue, or missing persons. Thank you for your understanding.
BEHAVIOR AGREEMENTS AND CAMPUS BOUNDARIES:
NOTE: One rule we want to highlight is that there is no swimming in the bay. There is a pool to swim in and we also have water activities in the bay, such as tubbing, kayaking, and canoeing, however again at no time should any registrant be swimming in the bay.
By attending this event you understand and agree with the waivers checked off during the registration process. This is just a reminder that in extreme cases when an attendee has not abided by the behavior agreements and NorthBay rules (defined by counselors at camp check-in), and we are not able come to a resolution that ensures the safety of all present, we reserve the right to request for attendees to be picked up from the campsite immediately. NewSong Church nor its partner churches will provide, nor be held liable, for transportation costs. We will reiterate this a third time at the camp to all attendees to be sure that everyone knows the ground rules and expectations. We are confident that all registrants will work hard towards helping to create a culture and experience that will have a positive impact on everyone. Thank you in advance for each person's cooperation!
REVIEW YOUR CAMP MATERIALS:
Please be sure to review your camp materials on DropBox (updated last weekend). Other materials may be updated in the folder prior to our Zoom call this coming week. Final documents will be printed for you and distributed during check-in. DROPBOX LINK with Online Clips and Leaders Files:
Password in prior e-mail. If you don't have it please ask a leader in your organization.
- Reporting Policies
- Facilitating a Small Group
- Hosting and Hospitality
- Ministry Training (2 parts)
- Schedule (will be updated)
- And More
- Only two keys per cabin will be given out. In youth cabins there are two leaders in each of those cabins that will be key holders.
- On the last day of any of your stays (mostly applies to hotel-style guest rooms) please be sure to turn your key cards into Adam Blakley. He will check-off your name on a list. You must be checked out with items out of the room by noon. If you are still on site, Pastor Chris and I already made provisions for the rest of your meals during your time on-site.
- Also: Don't place your key cards next to cell phones—they de-magnetize.
RRC PRAYER NIGHT (RSVP REMINDER)
Local leaders are welcome to Pastor Chris’ home on Friday, August 10, 7:30PM for prayer and an opportunity to connect with other leaders.
Please let ROAR Revival Camp staff know if you have any questions at all.
Senior Camp Director